Sunday, August 18, 2013

Box Tops


Box tops are a wonderful thing. Who doesn't love free money for your school?? I have been collecting them and have cut them out and put them in groups of ten over summer just because I know it helps out a lot at school. We ask the parents to save them, we save them, I reach out on social media for people who don't have kids to save them. Here is my question for you... how do you get parent participation? We have some that send them and some that never do. In my class of 22 last year I had the same 5 kids bring them all year. 

This is what we do. 

1.) We have competitions. The class that brings the most gets an ice-cream party or something.

2.) We send home those things from the box top website where they attach the box tops to it and return it.

3.) We just remind parents on our newsletters etc about them and their importance. 

Do other schools have a hard time getting them as well? We have over a thousand kids in our school and our checks are only about 400 dollars. 

Xoxo-
Bobbie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bobbie!!
    My son just started kindergarten this year but I have been collecting box tops for years and usually give them to a friend's child. On the first day of school my son brought in over $30 worth of box tops and we plan to collect like crazy each month throughout the school year and I have friends and family collecting for us a well. I am a photographer so I plan on doing a monthly giveaway, each box top is an entry into the giveaway. I am hoping this will be successful in having more box tops to turn in each month. :)
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete